We all use our hands more than other organs in our everyday work. They can also be damaged due to excessive or multiple times normal use of the hands. In these cases, injuries to the fingers and thumbs are very common.
Sometimes your hand suddenly or accidentally plays with something solid. Due to this, there is a risk of problems like hand pain. Thumb pain is the most common symptom of this condition. The thumb helps with our hand grip and other functions.
Many times the thumb gets hurt due to catching the ball, falling, hitting and road accidents, etc. In such a situation, the person feels pain suddenly or several times after some time. This may be an emergency if the pain arises acutely and suddenly. This may require contacting a doctor. However, thumb pain can be relieved by many home remedies at home.
So let’s know about the reasons for thumb pain: –
Cold Therapy Home Care for Thumb Pain
If you have chronic arthritis due to your thumb pain, the best way to get rid of it is a cold compress. Cold compresses constrict the blood vessels, which provides relief from pain for some time.
- Bag With Full of Ice.
- Clean Cloth
How to use cold therapy at Home?
- Wrap ice in towels for Rubbing
- Keep it on your affected area for 20 to 30 minutes
- Dry your skin with towels once the rubbing is complete
- If you want, you can also wet the cloth in cold water and fill it in a plastic bag. Then leave the bag to set in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Now tie the cold cloth with light pressure on the thumb and its surrounding area and leave it for some time.
- Soak the cloth again in cold water if you feel less cold.
Caution: Do not apply ice directly on the skin, as this may increase the irritation and redness on the skin.
How much time should I use this Therapy?
Follow this remedy 3 to 4 times a day for 20 to 30 minutes, until the pain disappears completely.
Heat Therapy to Ease your Thumb Pain
For some people, warm therapy is a better option than cold therapy. If you have pain in your thumb joints or surrounding muscles, then hot therapy may be a better treatment for you. Hot therapy makes the joints soft and relaxes the muscles.
- 1 frying pan
- 1 clean cloth
- Small bucket of hot water.
How to use Heat Therapy at Home?
- Heat the griddle on the stove and place a cloth over it.
- When the fabric is hot for use, compress your affected part for 15 to 20 minutes.
- If you feel pain, do this 3-4 times a day.
- Bathing with hot water or just bathing the affected area also proves beneficial.
- To do this, heat the water in a bucket or tub.
- Then take a bath or dip your hands in the tub for a while.
Caution: Before applying the affected area, make sure that the cloth or water is not too hot. This can also cause damaged skin.
How much time should I use this heat Therapy?
Hot Therapy may be more comfortable than cold Therapy. But do not overuse it, do warm compresses only when you feel pain.
Home remedy for thumb pain with olive oil
There are many benefits of olive oil. It also includes relieving pain. Olive oil is a pain reliever that helps treat the joints, bones, and muscles of the thumb and fingers. This oil has antiseptic properties along with swelling and pain reduction properties.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
How to use olive oil therapy at Home?
- Massage your thumb and other affected parts with olive oil for 5 to 10 minutes.
- If you want, you can also use mint oil along with olive oil.
- To do this, add 2 tablespoons of mint oil to 2 teaspoons of olive.
- Now follow step 1.
Caution: For better results take care of oil Quantity.
How much time should I use this olive oil Therapy?
Massage with olive oil 2 times a day during hand pain.
Turmeric is a Home Remedy for Thumb Pain
In many cases, the cause of thumb pain may be sprains, swelling, or muscle irritation. However, most people are not aware of these symptoms. If you see such signs in your thumb or its surroundings, then use the native recipe of turmeric. Turmeric is an irritation, inflammation, and pain reliever, which in many treatments of Ayurveda is considered equivalent to Sanjivani herbal. These properties are due to their anti-inflammatory (reducing inflammation and pain) and antioxidant (antioxidant) effects.
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- Half glass of water
- 1 lemon
How to use Turmeric Home Remedy for Thumb Pain?
- Mix 2 tablespoons of turmeric in warm water and prepare a paste.
- If lemon is available at home, then adding its juice may prove more effective.
- Apply the prepared mixture on your affected thumb and tie a bandage or clean cloth over it.
- Let the cloth be tied for 10 hours or one night to show its effect on the turmeric.
- Apart from this, consume 2 teaspoons of turmeric with warm milk before going to bed every night.
Caution: Turmeric is an excellent medicine that can be used without any caution.
When do we use Turmeric home remedy?
To get better results, use turmeric treatment 2-3 times a day.